We teach concepts, rules, principles, ideas and use.
We have action-reaction drills for understanding how to apply them.
Our students are not clones, they will react differently to the same attack.
When you can take what we teach and make it your own you then become an Artist, just like a painter, sculptor, musician or dancer does.
We make you an Artist in the Martial sense.
Incorporating pressure point strikes, joint locks, kicks, throws, and sweeps as well as other “tools” of personal protection, you will have the confidence to face almost any situation. Within the system of T.A.C.T.I.C.S. we have our main classes and specialized Workshops. Each are a distinct field of training complete in and of themselves yet by necessity each compliments the others thereby offering a full Martial Arts Experience!
Tactics Martial Arts Studio located at 1315 Hempstead Turnpike, Elmont N.Y. 11003 has a strong focus on Filipino and Korean Martial Arts. In the Filipino Martial Arts Classes know as Kali, Eskrima or Arnis you are taught Stick Fighting, Empty-Hand and Knife Defense. The Korean Martial Arts Classes which are based on a traditional system called Hwarang teaches hand strikes, kicks, throws and joint manipulation.
Our other classes include Combative Locks, Close Quarter Tactics Personal Defense, Kyusho, Combative Throws, Qi Gong, and Kickboxing. Each class compliments the others giving you a full Martial Arts Experience.
The focus at Tactics Martial Arts is not about sport, it’s about survival. The goal is to not think “defensively” but more “Counter-Offensively”. “To change the mindset of the attacker, whether there are one or multiple attackers, from being the aggressor to being the victim” explains Chief Instructor Tom Gallo, who has had articles published in the FMA Informative Newspaper and in Budo International Magazine on the topics of Filipino Martial Arts and Kyusho.
Tactics Martial Arts Studio caters to the beginner as well as the experienced, ages 7 to adult. It is a fun and safe place to learn Martial Arts.
Meet the TeamOur Instructors continuously train, study, and learn.
Founder & Chief Instructor*
Tom Gallo has taught Internationally at the IKC (International Kyusho Convention) in Barcelona, Spain & Salzburg, Austria
Topics were using FMA to access Kyusho Targets.
*Is a Level 5 Certifying Instructor with Kyusho International. *One of five in the USA with the rank of Godan (5th degree) with the International Association of Kyusho-jutsu Master Instructors, the Kyusho-Jutsu Kokusai Shihankai
Studying the Arts since 1989
Titles and Training
- T.A.C.T.I.C.S. – Founder / Developer of all programs
- American Hwarang – Instructor / Co-Developer
- Kyusho International – Certifying Instructor Level 5* (Evan Pantazi)
- Kyusho-Jutsu Kokusai Shihankai – International Association of Kyusho-Jutsu Master Instructors 5th Degree Black Belt* (Evan Pantazi & Patrick McCarthy)
- Presas Bolo Instructor – Grand Master Bram Frank
- CRMIPT Instructor – Grand Master Bram Frank
- KTCP: Kyusho Tactical Control Program – Instructor
- Jihi Bujutsu Kai Benevolent Warrior Arts Association – Member
- F.A.L.C.O.N. – Knife System / Technical Adviser for Pressure Points
- Chen Style Taijiquan (Michael Calandra)
- Atienza Kali – Long Blade (Tuhon Carl Atienza, Guro Leo Manalo, Guro Josh Votaw)
- Sayoc Kali – Former Knife Instructor (Guro Nick Sacoulas)
- Reiki Master
- Vee Do Kwan – Combat Arnis Ocho Teros Largo (Professor Danny Paulo)
- Inosanto Method – Kali
- Dim Mak
- G-Jo Acupressure
- Hwa Rang Do (Sabum David Nahon)
FMA Informative Newspaper Featured Articles
Vol 4 – No 4 2015
FMA Informative Newsletter Feature
Issue No 222 2016
Budo International Magazine
January 2, 2015 – Page 122
May 1, 2015 – Page 162
December 2, 2016 – Page 188
Kyusho International Blogs
- Kyusho International Ambassador Award 2017
- Action Martial Arts Magazine Hall of Honors 2017
Outstanding Contributions to the Martial Art
- Action Martial Arts Magazine Hall of Honors 2016: Ambassador to the Arts .
- Action Martial Arts Magazine Hall of Honors 2016: Outstanding Achievements in the Arts
- Action Martial Arts Magazine Hall of Honors 2014 Inductee: Outstanding Contributions to the Arts
- Kyusho International Dedication Award 2012
- Hwarang Do Tournament 1993 Second Place Sparring
Seminars, Workshops, Courses
- 39th Annual Remy Modern Arnis Hall of Flame Foundation Summer Camp (GM Bram Frank, Professor Dan Anderson)
- Modern Arnis Connecticut Camp (Professor Dan Anderson, GM Bram Frank, GM Bruce Chiu, MoTT Roland Rivera, Datu Dieter Knuttel, Shinsii Janet Aalfs, GM Brain Zawilinski)
- Presas Bolo Instructor Certification Camp (GM Bram Frank)
- Dekiti Tirsia Siradas (Grandmaster Nene Tortal)
- Kali Silat (Tuhon Alan Dennis)
- Silat (Sifu Greg Pichardo)
- Pekiti Tirsia Kali (Tuhon Leslie Buck)
- Pekiti Tirsia Kali (Grand Tuhon Leo Gaje)
- JKD and Kyusho (Evan Pantazi & Sifu Raffi Derderian)
- Aikijujutsu – Workshop in Principles (Salahuddin Muh’min Muhammad)
- Close Quarter Combat (Hock Hochheim)
- Feeding Crane Kung Fu (Grandmaster Liu Chang-I)
- Balintawak Arnis-Eskrima Saavedra Style – Eskrimador (Grandmaster Crispulo Ising Atillo)
- KTAC II – Level 2 Tactical Applications From Kyusho International (James Corn)
- Kuno Semangat Baru Silat (Guru Tim Anderson)
- KTAC – Kyusho Tactical Applications Course (James Corn)
- Kyusho Arnis (Evan Pantazi)
- Chen Style Taijiquan Martial Applications (Master Chen Zhonghua)
- Kyusho & Small Circle Jujitsu (Evan Pantazi & Ed Melaugh)
- Chin Na (Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming )
- Pukulan Pentjak Silat Bukti Negara (Guru Cliff Stewart)
- W.A.R. – Within Arms Reach (Guru Cliff Stewart)
- Emei Qigong Da Doa Chan Gong (Master Fu Wei Zhong)
- Emei Tai Chi – Short Form (Master Fu Wei Zhong)
- Yi Chuan Qigong (Master David Nahon)
- Nei Kung/Chi Kung
- Pressure Points: Eastern & Western Theories and Applications
Don’t Just Train…
Improve and Create
Yourself in Every Way
JOIN "Team TACTICS"
We are looking for motivated children, teens, men & women, with dedication, desire, and drive. If you feel this is you click below and fill out the application to become
New Member Special: